Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RE nurse + call = normal? get OUT!

You know that feeling you get when the phone rings during the day, you look at the caller ID, and it's your RE's office? And they are calling you to give you the results of your latest test - that you've already forgotten about? I always get butterflies a little. Because I think it will be bad news. Somehow, I manage to put it out of my head until I hear the phone ring, and then I get this sheer panic all at once. It's really annoying.

So, my thyroid panel came back normal, which is good.

We are getting closer to IVF. And I am getting a little more freaked out every day. But no backing out this time. No no. We are doing this.

13 comments:

Geohde said...

I'm glad that your thyroid tested out normal.

IVF isn't that bad. Just more expensive than other treatments. But it also works more often, too.

J

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

well that's good. and YES i know that feeling. blech.
you are getting closer to IVF but take it from me...it is a LONG haul ; ). So, you've got lots of time to freak out.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congrats on the normal thyroid panel!

Kristen said...

I'm glad the test came back normal. One more thing down!

LJ said...

Oh, I am so glad the panel came back okay.

Moving to IVF is such a huge step, but hopefully it'll be exactly what you need!

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling...I see the RE phone number and my stomach drops....probably b/c it is usually bad news. Glad your tet cam back normal and you can move on to IVF.

Watson said...

Congrats on the good thyroid news, that will REALLY help things when you move forward with the IVF cycle!

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you :-)

niobe said...

You're on your way...

megan said...

on your way, indeed!
is it exciting, terrifying, or both? i think it would give a comforting sense of action, but i really don't know what i'm talking about...
so glad to hear that your thyroid tested okay. that is good news.

Anonymous said...

That is good news. I hope that the calls keep on the good news trend!

Carrie said...

Glad the tests were normal.

I know the IVF thing is so scary, it is a huge leap. I think once you fully decide and commit it is a bit more comforting than scary. On a good day , of course.

Sarah said...

i'm with geohde. it's scary, it's pricey, there seems to be so much weight attached to it, but IVF really is not harder than all the crap you've been through already, and your chances are going to get MUCH better! i'm very excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.