Thursday, November 22, 2007
It does not mean, however, that I didn't hear the alarm blare loudly first at 4:30 this morning, and then again at 4:39.
So I went ahead and got up. Lest you think getting up at 4:39 am is a bad idea, it's really great. Really.
I get to see D before he leaves.
I started the Sweet Potato Souffle so I'm not doing that at the last minute.
I might work out. Hey! I really might.
We are driving down to the inlaws later this morning so it will be nice not to rush. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
1. doesn't fully dissolve in water
2. has a faint banana flavor. I think this was intentional by the manufacturer but it seems a little out of place.
3. because it doesn't dissolve fully in water, sometimes little chunks get stuck in the straw. Well, at least it keeps things interesting.
4. it tastes exactly as you would expect dehydrated greens and algae dissolved in water to taste.
1. has several of the superfoods
2. might help with my egg quality
3. might help reverse aging in general
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Currently, my life consists of:
1. work. It's good because it's keeping me really busy, but on the reverse side it's bad because it's keeping me really busy.
2. cleaning, cooking, etc. You know, wifely duties. I've written about the frustrations I have with these time consuming tasks before, so no need to rehash. I don't have anyone to help with the cleaning because I am, oh, what is the word, a freak? The thought of someone else coming in my house and cleaning kind of bothers me. And what if they let the cats out? Or don't clean in the exact fashion I would if I were home to actually do the cleaning, which I am not? As a result, I mostly bitch about the perceived squalor of the house (which I am assured by D that we do not live in squalor per se, but more of an indifference to mess) and then do nothing. I am told that it is a very attractive character trait.
3. thinking about our upcoming IVF which is approaching faster by the day. Literally.
Current obsessions include, but are not limited to:
a. Should I stop drinking caffeine now and switch to raspberry leaf tea full time?
b.What about acupuncture?
c. Dairy yes or no?
d.Wheat yea or nay?
g.Exercise that is moderate in intensity (which always feels like a waste of time to me. If I'm going to run, I am going to run, not dodder around like I'm afraid of myself).
h. Organic meats and produce consistently?
k. No artificial sweeteners?
l. A trip to Tibet to have my hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian-axis blessed by the Dali Lama?
The 90 day egg development rule states that with the exception of (l) that yes, I should have stopped or started doing or taking the appropriate measures listed above but have I done any of them? Um, no. In some ways, I really wish I'd never read The Infertility Cure. It made me too hypervigilant about things I could only fully control if I quit working and pursued getting pregnant full time. I'm not so sure that would be a good idea either.
4. The holidays are coming up. I am not feeling sorry for myself that we don't have any children because I am too busy figuring out how to convince family that we need to stop exchanging gifts and donate to a worthy cause of the recipient's choosing in his or her name. Of course, we would still purchase gifts for the kids, but the adults? It seems kind of silly and overblown. We don't really need anything. It feels ridiculous to me to ask for things just for the sake of having something to open on Christmas. With the exception of D, I think I might be the only one who feels this way. We'll see how it goes.
How about you? How do you feel about the holidays and gift giving?
Thursday, November 1, 2007
That candy. It's deceptive. Packed in those little bundles, calling out to me from the basket near the door. If I just eat one, it's not that bad. The trouble becomes when I've said that, oh, 5 or 6 or 13 times or whatever. Those little ones toddling up to the door had no idea I was pilfering their Halloween joy for my own delight.
I think I might ovulate soon, or maybe already did, but I'm pretty sure I burned my little egg good with all that sugar. And the fries. And the real Coke.