Monday, June 4, 2007

oh man. i am a giant ass.

Well, I called to reschedule the acupuncture appointment.

And she remembered me.

And said: "I had you scheduled for an hour(!)." What happened to you?" As in, you cost me an hour of business. I did call first, I wasn't a no show, but I guess I am so used to doctor's appointments that are double booked that I don't even think twice about it anymore.

She was very, very nice about it but I felt really bad.

So I told her I chickened out. She laughed and told me it was not as bad as I was thinking.

I am definately going back and making the appointment.

Really? A whole entire HOUR? I couldn't believe it. A whole hour to talk about my dysfunctional body. Sadly, I am super excited.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Good for you for rescheduling. And, sadly, I too would be pretty excited to know that someone set aside an entire hour to talk to me.

Anonymous said...

Nope, you aren't an ass. Have fun with the acupuncture doc. It is incredibly relaxing, I am sure you will actually enjoy it.

Carrie said...

I hope you enjoy the acupuncture.

I don't know if you'll be talking for an hour. My appointments are an hour but we only speak for a little while, then she pins me and leaves me for about 20 mins then I turn over to get the other side pinned and that's also for about another 20 mins.

It's very much my time to think and relax and I really enjoy the calmness of the visit.

Sarah said...

it sounds like you're already off to having a good rapport witrh her. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love, love acupuncture. I look forward to it all week (I go Saturday mornings). I hope you have as relaxing an experience as I did.