Thursday, November 22, 2007

it's 5:40 and i've already been up for an hour

D runs in our city's half marathon every Thanksgiving (well the last one anyway), and I was supposed to run with him this year. Since I didn't really stick with the running program I started three months ago; I decided running 13.1 miles at 7 am on Thanksgiving was probably not the best idea.
It does not mean, however, that I didn't hear the alarm blare loudly first at 4:30 this morning, and then again at 4:39.
So I went ahead and got up. Lest you think getting up at 4:39 am is a bad idea, it's really great. Really.
I get to see D before he leaves.
I started the Sweet Potato Souffle so I'm not doing that at the last minute.
I might work out. Hey! I really might.

We are driving down to the inlaws later this morning so it will be nice not to rush. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Geohde said...

I always think that the distance at least sound slightly more petite if you live in a country that does miles, and no kilometeres like here.

Sod it, I'd take a cab after the first 5-10 K, but I'm a lazy thing....

J