Saturday, March 17, 2007

so, work out or blog?

So obviously I chose to blog. I hate going into my dark, icky basement to get on the treadmill. I call it Cat Pee Cave. This is for two reasons:

1. the litter box is down there
2. my cat does not regularly use the litter box, instead deciding to pee under the desk which is directly behind the treadmill. Yes, I know this is really gross. There's not much I can do, although I've thought of spreading dog hair under the desk. You know, because cats hate dogs? That's pretty nasty too. So I don't know. Whatever.

I worry that I'm doing some kind of permanent damage to my lungs inhaling the fumes.

But really, it's not that bad. I just use it more of an excuse to not go down there and run, I much prefer to go outside, but right now, due to lovely metformin, not so much an option. I'm not much of a woods squatter. Eeew.

The Metformin induced sprinting has subsided a little bit. I stopped taking anything else (like prenatals and calcium supplements) yesterday thinking maybe it was all just a little too much for Mr. Tummy. I don't know why, but I always think of my stomach and associated parts in the system as male.

I fantasize about the day when I can stop taking it AND have a healthy baby. I honestly cannot imagine what it must be like to just get pregnant because you want to, without having to endure metformin, miscarriages, belly shots, butt shots, dildocams, disconnected Drs. (what? maybe my RE? oh? did I just say that out loud? darn.), thousands of $$ gone, early ass morning appointments that you rush to because you don't want to be late for work, every other FREAKING day for weeks on end, blood draws and the associated bruising, (i LIKE wearing short sleeves in July, thank you very much), yes, you could say I'm at the end of my rope, two years in to this mess. And, if one more well intentioned person asks me "Now, WHY don't you want to do IVF? That seems like your best shot." Right, because it's a guaranteed healthy baby at the end.

Wow! I guess I'm a little more frustrated than I realized. And to think I woke up in a fine mood this morning. But, I do feel better. Now down to Cat Pee Cave.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I had the same problem with my cats. They went everywhere except the litter box. Eww. And now, I have dogs, not sure which is worse.

Melissa said...

It is so unfair that some people get to live in the world where sex=baby and we can't. It sucks. Anyway, good for working out - I do not have any motivation for that. Then again, I also don't have a Cat Pee Cave either. :)

Baby Blues said...

Ugh. Suffer no more, move the treadmill elsewhere! I gave up on home gym equipments. They end up as towel racks and just occupy space. That's why we just decided to get gym memberships. Good luck! I hear your frustration.

Sarah said...

what happens if you put the litter box under the desk? i assume then they would start peeing in the spot where the box used to be. it always seems to work that way in the life of an infertile, doesn't it? i hope things turn around for you soon.

and as for the frustration, i know this isn't all that helpful, but i just wanted to say, we here in blogland hear you, and we totally understand.

Anonymous said...

Totally feel your frustration and your hatred of Met. I'm on Met and Clomid which wreaks hell on my digestive system.

Mama Bear said...

I'm just impressed you get on the treadmill. Mine has been collecting dust for far too long!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

LOL Other then your CatPeeCave being in the basement, I could have written your post myself!!! I have 6 dogs, and as of 2 weeks ago 3 cats... one of which, the newest one, hinks she is a damn dog!! Confused little thing she is... not to mention it is her poo that keeps us all hiding our noses!! I womed her the other day so maybe that will do it!!

As for your tummy upset with the Met, when do you take it?? I am on 1500 actually for controling my bloodsugar, and I do 500in the AM, and then a 1000 at night right before I go to bed, and I seem to do pretty well that way, just a suggestion....

I am looking forward to following your story!! Here is to hoping this won't be an IF blog for to long!!!

Rebel

Anns said...

I love how you were able to balance your blog and excercise life so nicely today... blog first, treadmill after.. if only I could be so inspired!

Anonymous said...

Could you put puppy training pads under the desk so that there is something for the cat to pee on?

Congrats on working out. I need to find some work out discipline.

JW said...

Boy do I remember the poo-ing from my Metformin stint... I remember one night specifically... 3am, got to gooooooo. Now I do not like to poo in public, but it was either the guest loo (we had a guest staying there at the time) or the en-suite (I love my hubby, he DOES not need to see that...). The guest loo won out, poor guy, woken up by the sound of trumpets in the early dawn. All airs and graces were out the window. Hoo boy. Sorry if that was way too much information for you! :-)